Dental Gifts for Dad
Giving your dad a new tie or the latest gizmo is expected, but have you thought about giving a gift that will last a lifetime? Proper dental care can give your dad both increased confidence and self-esteem as well as improve his oral hygiene and overall health. This Father’s Day, we here at Pearl Dental P.C. want to share a couple of gift ideas that will keep your dad smiling for years to come.
- Teeth Whitening: Over the years, teeth become worn and stained from any combination of food, drink, medications, or smoking. Teeth whitening is one of the most basic dental procedures you can have, but it can have an enormous impact on your appearance. Bleaching or laser teeth whitening can be done in office, or we can craft custom bleach trays for your teeth which you can then use at home at your convenience.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are crafted from medical-grade and affixed to the front of your teeth using a dental adhesive. Individually made to resemble your natural teeth and exceptionally realistic, they can fix numerous cosmetic problems, ranging from everything from crooked teeth, to gaps, to cracked or damaged enamel.
- Composite Bonding: If you have damaged, decayed, or discolored teeth, bonding is one of the least expensive cosmetic dental procedures. Your dentist will drill out your tooth decay and apply a composite on the tooth’s surface, which they’ll then sculpt into its proper shape. After its set, a high-intensity light will make the material resemble the color of your tooth enamel, covering the damage of the tooth with the appearance of a healthy one.
- Invisalign: Everyone wants straight teeth, but your dad might balk at the idea of getting braces at his age. Invisalign is a simple and invisible process that uses a series of transparent trays that shift your teeth into their proper alignment over time. They’re much less painful than your standard braces and are — perhaps most importantly — less likely to garner unwanted attention.
- Porcelain Inlays or Onlays: Also known as indirect fillings, these are made by a dental lab and used when a tooth is suffering from mild to moderate decay but lacks the tooth structure to support a filling. After checking that there’s no damage to the tooth cusps, the inlay is affixed directly to the surface of the tooth.
- Dental Implants: Used to replace teeth after tooth loss, implants are almost indistinguishable from your natural teeth. The process involves a dentist inserting a small titanium screw into your jaw, which becomes the support for a crown. Once the bone and tissue fuse to the implant, it becomes permanently fused into place.
A gift from the dentist isn’t the traditional route for Father’s Day, but it’s a gift that he’s sure to enjoy both now and in the future. Call Pearl Dental P.C. today and set up an appointment!