There are a lot of factors that go into getting and maintaining a perfect smile. Individuals with teeth that have lost function, normal shape, or size can still get a perfect smile through dental crowns. Dental crowns Farmington Hills are covers placed over the tooth to protect it and improve the way it functions.
Dental crowns have a lot of functions and can resolve several dental problems like a missing tooth and bridging a tooth with other teeth. Dental crowns also provide stability to teeth as they act as a covering over teeth which can also help prevent weaker teeth from breaking. Dental crowns can also help restore broken, discolored, or misshapen teeth.
However, when it comes to dental crown treatments, you might realize that there are a variety of dental crowns available. Dental crowns can be made from a variety of materials, and this can affect the quality of the dental crown. It is best to use quality dental crowns when getting a dental crown as they have a wide range of benefits. Read on to see the importance of using quality dental crowns.
What Are Dental Crowns Made Of?
Dental crowns can be made from a wide variety of materials. Some of the most common materials used in dental crowns are ceramic, porcelain, metal alloys, porcelain fused to metal, and composite resin. Some individuals might have issues with some materials in their dental crowns. Before selecting a quality dental crown, you should discuss it with your dental crowns and bridges expert at Pearl Dental PC to decide what is best for you.
Importance and Benefits Of Quality Dental Crowns
Using quality dental crowns for dental treatment has a lot of benefits. Some of its benefits include:
- Saves money: Using quality dental crowns can be cost-saving in the long run. Using quality dental crowns can save you the added cost of repeated dental visits to correct or replace broken or missing dental crowns.
- They are mostly permanent: When used for dental treatments, quality dental crowns are more durable than porcelain tooth fillings or inlays and Onlays. Compared to other cosmetic dentistry treatments, the use of quality dental crowns is the best long-lasting option. Quality dental crowns have even been shown to outperform dental bonding and veneers in terms of durability.
- Versatile: Quality dental crowns can be used to correct a wide range of dental imperfections. They can be used to cover up chipped or discolored teeth. Dentist Farmington Hills experts can also use dental crowns to give you a well-aligned smile. Dental crowns can also be used to close gaps in teeth. This versatility makes quality dental crowns one of the best cosmetic treatments used by dentists today.
- Quality dental crowns can be used to save a severely damaged tooth: Various factors like trauma and stress can weaken the tooth’s outer surface. When a tooth progressively becomes weaker, a dentist is left with either extracting the tooth or saving it with a quality dental crown. To use a dental crown on a damaged tooth, the tooth is cleaned and filed, and the dental crown is installed on top of the tooth by the dentist. A quality dental crown will reinforce the damaged tooth while helping it regain strength and function over time.
- Quality dental crowns offer the best protection for a tooth with a known history of tooth decay: Dental crowns are usually the best protection used for a tooth that has been treated severally for tooth decay. A quality dental crown will cover the entire tooth and separate the tooth from the rest of the mouth, thereby preventing sugars, harmful bacteria, and acids from contacting the tooth.
- Can help prevent a dead tooth from falling off: Pulpitis, an infection of the tooth pulp, usually causes irreversible damage to the inner tooth. It is usually treated with a root canal. After a root canal is completed, the tooth is filled, and a quality dental crown is put over it. A dental crown can help support a dead tooth preventing it from breaking into pieces.
If you have a weakened tooth or a tooth that needs a check-up, visit dental crowns and dental bridges Farmington Hills experts today. Getting a quality dental crown today at Pearl Dental PC can help save you time, money, and pain from tooth discomfort later on. Contact us to schedule an appointment by calling us at (248) 476-4416.