No matter how wonderfully dressed you are, your fashion statement is not complete without a smile. So, it is right to address anything that wants to take your smile away. With so many options on how to restore your smile out there, where do you start?
You are not alone if you’ve been considering veneer treatment such as the kind that the Dentist Farmington Hills carries out. Dental veneers are fantastic cosmetic solutions for aesthetic problems. It’s a popular and successful dental procedure that can help you create a whiter and brighter-looking smile. After just a few appointments with your dentist, you will get veneers that will make your smile look and feel natural. It is, however, crucial to find out everything you need to know about veneers and how long high-quality veneer treatment lasts.
About Dental Veneers
Porcelain veneers Farmington Hills are thin layers of ceramic material that are colored and shaped to cover up any issues with your tooth or teeth like as chips, gaps, discoloration, and cracks, to perfect your ideal smile. How long do veneers last, dental veneers are directly applied to your teeth to mask imperfections? Thanks to their versatility, they have become widely known and provide effective results when they are properly done.
You can decide to go for one or two veneers or choose to go for a complete set of veneers. Most people get veneers for their frontal or visible teeth when they smile. However, a single veneer will still go a long way in improving your smile.
After all the necessary consultations with our dentist, your specialist will have your porcelain veneers ready to be fitted! Veneers are fitted to the outside surface of the particular teeth you want with durable dental cement. A layer of tooth enamel will have to be removed to enable them to get fitted for them to fit with your natural teeth.
Types of Veneers
Porcelain veneers, instant veneers, and composite veneers are the most common veneer types. Porcelain veneers – the gold standard – last the longest with the most natural look. Composite veneers -made with resin – are less expensive and don’t have the durability and appearance qualities of porcelain veneers. Both composite and porcelain veneers are custom-made for individual patients, but instant veneers are not, which is why they are not recommended.
Are You Getting the Best Value for Your Dental Veneers?
You must have decided to improve the appearance of your teeth either because it’s dull or there’s a gap, chips, or crookedness in them. However, it is important to know if you will be getting the most from your money for the decision you are about to take, right? It is understandable. The lifespan of your veneer is dependent on several factors including which type of veneer you have, with proper care and attention.
- Porcelain veneers typically last 10-15 years
- Composite bonding veneers typically last 5-7 years
Veneers may last slightly less time if you grind your teeth, although this will be spotted by your dentist prior to having veneers in the 1st place.
Averagely, a dental veneer Farmington Hills can last up to a year. This time frame can further get extended. When you have your dental veneers applied the first time properly, you will save yourself tons of money and time. This is another reason to work with a dental specialist that you trust.
How To Increase The Lifespan Of Your Veneers
As earlier mentioned, how long your dental veneers last depends on some factors, and the following are different ways by which you can put in the best effort to ensure they last well:
- Avoid using your teeth to open things, cut your nails or bite non-food items. If you do this, the pressure will leave a crack or chips on your teeth.
- Stay away from tobacco products. They will stain your teeth, including your veneers.
- Don’t take dark-colored beverages and foods. These include coffee, wine, tea, berries, red pasta, sauce, and soft drinks. They are the culprits of stains on the teeth. If you must take them, then eat them moderately. Don’t forget to rinse your mouth with water after you eat these foods.
- Floss Daily. Even though your teeth are covered with veneers, you must floss them daily. Including this activity in your routine will help keep your gum in fantastic shape and protect your gum against diseases. Diseases in your gum can create a gap in your teeth.
- Wear a dental guard during sporting activities or if you have the habit of grinding your teeth at night when you sleep. It will help you avoid the erosion of your veneers’ porcelain. A mouth guard helps you keep your veneers in shape.
- Use the Right Tools for your teeth. A soft-bristled toothbrush will clean your veneers gently and keep the porcelain intact.
Factors That Affect The Longevity Of Veneers
The most important factor influencing how long dental veneers last is how well the patient cares for them on a daily basis. Although veneers are less stain-prone than natural enamel and dental bonding, they can still develop stains if not properly cared for. As a result, the patient’s diet can affect the longevity of veneers, and it is critical to avoid foods and beverages that increase the risk of stains or poor periodontal health. Of course, for reasons beyond the patient’s control, dental veneers can become unexpectedly damaged or fall loose prematurely.
Contact Our Farmington Hills Dentist Today
In conclusion, don’t use veneer treatment as a substitute for good hygiene and a regular checkup with a dentist in Farmington Hills, MI. Before you get your veneers, make some preparations. You will be maintaining a certain level of commitment. You will need to replace your veneers if you have issues with them or when they get worn out. To learn more about transforming your smile with Dental Veneers, please call 248-476-4416 today for a free consultation with Dr. Chetana Karanth. Pearl Dental PC welcomes patients from Farmington Hills and nearby areas.